jed-testing driving me mad by redefining "Alt-F" (Esc-F)

Hi there,

is there anyone who can help me with disabling this f*ck*ng keystrokes to enable
the menus???

I already edited /usr/share/jed/lib/jed.rc by changing the following lines:

  %   enable_menu_keys ();
  enable_top_status_line (0);

If I'm not totally mistaken this used to do the trick in older versions of jed,
but in the "testing" version all I get is that the menu bar disappears. If I
type Alt-F (or Esc-F) to move forward a word all I get is this stupid "File"
menu.

Help, please!!

Thanks so much,

Ralf

--
Verkaufe Original-BMW-Raeder:                    L I N U X       .~.
http://adsl-bergs.rz.rwth-aachen.de/~rabe       The  Choice      /V\