Compiling pcmcia-source

I need the pcmcia module to get access to my ethernet card and cdrom, but I
just can't get pcmcia-source to compile. I've tried to do it with woody and
sid, but I just can't seem to get my pcmcia module to compile. I get
warnings about how malloc.h is deprecated throughout the entire process, but
at the end...

In file included from 3c575_cb.c:98:
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.16/include/linux/malloc.h:4: warning: #warning
linux/
malloc.h is deprecated, use linux/slab.h instead.
3c575_cb.c:879: conflicting types for `wait_for_completion_R02032293'
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.16/include/linux/completion.h:30: previous
declaratio
n of `wait_for_completion_R02032293'
make[4]: *** [3c575_cb.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/clients'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
make[2]: *** [build-modules] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
make[1]: *** [kdist_image] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
Module /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs failed.
Hit return to Continue

This particular version is of my most recent attempt, with the pcmcia-source
from sid, and downloaded today. The previous versions were all similar, with
an identical result.

Please _don't_ suggest that I change kernels to 2.4.17, I had enough trouble
floppying 2.4.16 over, earlier this month, and I need the pcmcia module to
even attempt to connect to the network (pcmcia ethernet card). I can't burn
a cd and use it, my cdrom is an external one, connected through pcmcia. I
can't do SLIP or PLIP because of a combination of a hardware and software
problem (windoze combined with semi-functional (works when it isn't needed,
stops when its needed) hardware).

In spite of having to floppy everything (packages > 1.6M are made into
spanning archives, then reassembled), I generally download new versions of
the more important packages if I find them in testing or sid. Probably the
only exception to that would be the kernel-source... I don't have enough
good floppies to do that.

Thanks for any help,

Seneca
seneca@slemish.com