Re: tomcat

* shibu (shibuvarkala@yahoo.com) [020128 01:35]:

> hello
>
>   I need help for installing tomcat  in debian-woody.  I have installed
> almost succesfully, but I cannot find the tomecat Home directory.

I assume you installed the tomcat package. Try dpkg -L tomcat to see all
the files included in the package. This will work for any other package
you're ever wondering about.

Sort of the converse tip is to use dpkg -S to find out which package a
file belongs to.

For an example of both, here's how you can find all the binaries that
came with a certain binary on your system:

vineet@gobo ~ % which sudo
/usr/bin/sudo
vineet@gobo ~ % dpkg -S /usr/bin/sudo
sudo: /usr/bin/sudo
vineet@gobo ~ % dpkg -L sudo | grep bin
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/sudo
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/visudo

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/