Help: gdm/xdmcp problems

Hello!

Since the latest X/gdm update on my debian box (unstable/testing), I have some
problems to get an XDMCP connection to the computer. I've made no changes in the
configuration.
When the connection is established, it takes some time to get the gdm login
prompt (until the update abount 20 seconds, now over 1 minute).

gdm reports:
gdm_xdmcp_decode: Could not create XDMCP buffer!
gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting ....

Finaly I'm able to get a connection. A collegue, who tried the same with exceed
from his windows, has been rejected and got this in the exceed logfile:

2.XDM starting, please wait 8 sec
2.XDM starting, please wait 16 sec
XDMCP fatal error: Session declined Maximum number of open sessions from
your host reached
XSession Message
XDMCP: Session declined, declaring session dead

gdm: 2.2.5.4-1
X:   4.1.0-13

Any idea what has been changed during the update?

Thank in advance

Berthold Cogel