Problem with arrow keys when running VI in xterm

Hi,

I recently updated a lot of packages (most recent update before that was probably something like 3 weeks ago) on my Debian box (running unstable branch).

Now the arrow keys doesn't work in vi (nvi to be exact) any more. They do work both in "real" console (when in bash and when in nvi), they also work in xterm (up,down etc in bash) and they are reported correctly by xev. But whenever I start nvi in an xterm and press an arrow key I get the text "Usage: [[" at the bottom of the screen.

Any ideas!?

Thanks in advance,
David
david@2gen.com