Re: Debian woody install problems

On Sunday 27 January 2002 05:44 pm, Robert Woodruff wrote:
> Help, I am desperately trying to find someone who can give
> me a little help.  I am trying to install debian woody from a
> downloaded disc and can get only so far until I get to the
> install base function. It gives me a message of :  file:/instmnt
> /pool/main/a/adduser/adduser_3.42_all deb was corrupt
> Then it says unable to download adduser.
>   I have burned more than one copy to disc. Do I need to keep burning discs
> till it works or is there something else I am doing wrong? Robert

if you keep burning disks from the same source that repeatedly send you the
same message, then, chances are, it means what it says. how much of a system
do you have in place? can you do an apt-get install testing adduser? if
you've got a web connection running in debian, that should be possible. if
you can get to debian.org, check the bug reports. someone may have already
sent one in. if they haven't, you could. if you don't have x going, you can
use links; it's a text-based web browser.