Re: Can't write to /usr/share/doc

Joey Hess wrote:

Re: Can't write to /usr/share/doc

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:25:44 -0500

Rob Rati <robhr@core.com>
CC:

debian-user@lists.debian.org

Rob Rati wrote:

error creating directory `./usr/share/doc/winesetuptk': No such file or directory

What's with the ./ ?

What version of dpkg do you have? Debs do use ./ in the internal
tarfiles now, possibly some old version of dpkg mishandles this?

-- see shy jo
-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

I found the problem. It appears that my /usr partition somehow got corrupted. I was able to unmount it, fsck it, and then everything installed just fine. Thanks for responding.

Rob

--
robhr@core.com              2001-02 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O