Re: (Kinda OT) What makes Debian cool?

At 02:52 PM 1/25/02, dman wrote:
Definitely!  I've had to look at some Solaris systems recently.  It is
just a mess!  There are 'bin' and 'etc' directories all over the
place.  There's even binaries in /usr/lib/...!  Just 'cause the shell
tells you "no such command" doesn't really mean there is no such
command; it's probably buried in some other psuedo-root directory.

-D

I love this list. I started with Debian, (slink) and I'm not leaving by
choice. (Ok I have a red hat box because it came with the laptop,
and I'm too lazy to change it, but I also never use it). I really like
when you get little nuggets of information like the one above. I'm
looking at buying a low end Sun (probably a blade 100) and a fifth
computer to put Solaris on while I study for the Sun Admin certs.
(trying to get more marketable).