Re: hdparm settings, do they persist after reboots? hd performance

> Just curious how this program accomplishes its changes
> and whether the program has to run at boottime
> to have the setting take effect? does it belong
> in an rc script?
Settings like dma do not persist between reboots. You need to either compile
it into your kernel or add it to a startup script.
I made my own and linked it to /etc/rc2.d/S90hdparm.
I don't know of a generic startup script you can add it to, like RH's
rc.local, but it wouldn't be the first time something exists, that I don't
know of. :>