Re: Network card newbee

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:46:03 +0000
Ben Edwards <ben@videonetwork.org> wrote:
> Did nave a look around the web for this but no luck.  I have just put
> a network card in my box but how do I get debian to recognize it and
> configure it?

Find out the brand and model of the network card. If it's a PCI network
card, the command 'lspci' in the package "pciutils" may help.

Then visit http://lhd.datapower.com , and look up the card. Find out
what driver it uses.

Then run 'modconf' on your Debian system, and load the driver. That
should be it. If it's an ISA card, you may have to use 'pnpdump' to
configure it, but that's beyond the scope of this email ;)

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \