Re: Color control in Mutt & Gnome terminal

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 03:48:09PM -0800, Paul E Condon scribbled...
> I am starting to learn to use real Debian email. I have mutt, fetchmail, and
> exim working. But I am having trouble reading my email because I have diffi-
> culty reading deep blue characters on a black background or other pairings that
> are pre-configured options. How / Where can I configure background/foreground
> pairings that work for my eyes?
Add this to your ~/.muttrc (or ~/.mutt/muttrc) and play with the settings.
#color normal white default
color hdrdefault red default    # Things like to, date, etc.
color quoted brightblue default # ??
color signature red default
color indicator red white
color error brightred default
color status brightwhite blue
color tree magenta default  # the thread tree in the index menu
color tilde magenta default
color message brightcyan default
color markers brightcyan default
color attachment brightmagenta default
color search default green  # how to hilite search patterns in the pager

color header brightred default ^(From|Subject):
color body magenta default "(ftp|http)://[^ ]+" # point out URLs
color body magenta default [-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+  # e-mail addresses
color underline brightgreen default