Re: Earthlink Dialup

On Thursday 24 January 2002 02:00 pm,  Bruce Burhans wrote:
> Ben wrote, on 1/24/02 @ 1:10PM
>
> [snip]
>

> before you reinstall, run dmesg. it will give you a lot of information
> about
> the system that might make the reinstall less tedious.
>     I'll assume that dmesg is on the Debian CDs and thank you much. This
> is quite an adventure. Will I have to disable my internal modem and Plug
> n Play during Install?

if you have even a minimal system installed on your hard drive, dmesg is
there. what i meant was, run dmesg before you do anything else and check the
output for error messages that might indicate any hardware incompatibility.
even if you just boot from the cd, you can still run dmesg to achieve the
same end.