gpm: failed connect attempt

Hi all,

does anyone know what's up with gpm, devfs, and vc's?

Jan 24 16:25:49 odyssey /usr/sbin/gpm[31676]: Failed gpm connect attempt by uid 1352 for /dev/vc/2
Jan 24 16:25:49 odyssey mc: Warning: closing connection
Jan 24 16:31:10 odyssey mc: /dev/gpmctl: No such file or directory

After this selection stops working & I have to restart gpm. Anyone
knows what magic I should add to devfsd config (?) to fix this?

TIA
Dima
--
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.
Put me in front of something boring and I can find a near-infinite number