Re: Ulimit

--begin quoted message from Ramiro Brito Willmersdorf,

> Hi,
>
> I'm running kde on debian woody.
> Where can I change my resource limits?
> I'm having problems with some programs that I think might be
> caused by having ulimit set to:
>
> 3|rbw@lyra01:rbw $ulimit -s
> 8196
> 4|rbw@lyra01:rbw $
>
> I tried:
>
> 1) Editing /etc/security/limits.conf, addind the line:
>
> rbw              soft    stack           unlimited
>
> And checking that both /etc/pam.d/{kde,login} have the line
> below uncommented.
>
> session    required     pam_limits.so
>
> 2) When the above failed, I tried to set it directly
> by adding the line
>
> ulimit -s unlimited
>
> to /etc/X11/Xsession, but that didn't work either.
> I still have the stack size set to 8M.
>
> I'd be grateful for any help.

try putting
ulimit -s unlimited
in your .bash_profile (assuming you're using bash)
it'll get run when you log on, and child shells inherit them from
parent.

--
Noah Massey  | fingerprint : 90AD 7AAB 0768 46AF 8C52 0695 03A2 C74D E1ED C2BF
   There is no duty we so much underrate