It's easy, and helpful. :)

Create/Add...

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-priority: 50

...To your /etc/apt/preferences, and add a sid source at the end of your
/etc/apt/sources.list.  If you're using potato, you'd change the 'Pin:
release a=testing' line to 'Pin: release a=stable'.

With that done, to install a package[s] from sid, use apt-get -t
unstable install <whatever>.  If I made any big errors, someone correct
me. :)