Re: kernel warning what should I do?

Lo, on Sunday, January 20, Adam Majer did write:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 07:23:27PM -0800, David Csercsics wrote:
> > I had to recompile my kernel today because my sound wasn't working right and
> > a couple other things weren't working. So I recompiled it and everything
> > works but I get a warning now about /boot/system.map not matching kernel
> > data....what do I do to fix that.
>
> cp <kernel directory>
> cp System.map /boot/System.map-<kernel-version>
>
> that is, if you have something like /boot/bzImage-<kernel-version>
> for your kernel. If you just have /boot/bzImage or other
> with no version, then just
>
> cp System.map /boot/System.map [or /boot/system.map in your case...]

If you build your kernel The Debian Way (see
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-post-install.en.html#s-kernel-baking>
for a brief intro to the process), the resulting package automatically
contains, e.g., /boot/System.map-2.2.19 and installs it in the correct
place.

Richard