Re: fetchmail

Well, then this may or may not be usefull to you. Here are my
samples (with obvious security holes patched).

# fetchmail control file
#
defaults
        fetchall
poll pop.channel1.com with protocol pop3:
        user mrbob, with password $PASS, is $USER here;

In previous configurations, I needed to set

interface ppp0
smtpaddress channel1.com
	I think at one point this option made my MTA think
	that my machine was handling mail for the whole domain.
	(Which is why I don't use it anymore)

Anyway, I seem to remember having your problem a year or two ago.
The thing that fixed it in my case was making sure that fetchmail
handed everything over to the MTA instead of trying to deliver it
into my spool itself. I haven't even looked at it since then, so I'm
a little rusty.

HTH
Bob