Re: epson stylus c80 under debian

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:24:36PM -0800, nate wrote:
> <quote who="Adam Majer">
> >
> > Well, install the gimpprint driver for CUPS. In Debian
> > just go to dselect, select cupsys-driver-gimpprint and you
> > should get cups and all in there. Make sure to install
> > docs [cupsys-driver-gimpprint] and read them. They might
> > help...
>
> maybe your referring to woody? there is no such package
> that i can see under potato

Yes - actually I was checking in unstable! :) But if you don't
want to upgrade to at least woody, you can always DL the sources
for cups from woody or sid, then run dpkg-buildpackage in root
directory of the uncompressed source. That should build that
package unless you need something that might not be on potato.

> > If you are new to Debian, [sounds like it :-], it might
> > take you a while to set up the printer correctly. It
> > _will_ help if you install and read the docs.
>

> > PS. In dsleect, in select window, just hit / to search for
> > packages. Just like in vi.
>
> apt-cache search should show the same right ? theres nothin ..

[snip]

> not new to debian(using it since 2.0 came out) but i am
> somewhat new to printing locally under it..haven't printed
> on it since 2.0 over 2 years ago ..all other times i have
> spooled to a remote lpd

For the package that gives the seg fault thing, try running
ldd <program name> - maybe it's missing a depend or maybe
potato is too old for it...

Thus I would still suggest getting the sources from testing and
trying to compile using dpkg-buildpackage. I think this
might work and should give you best results...

- Adam