Left-click aborts program (viewmol)

Hi:

  I am having a strange problem with viewmol (woody, kernel 2.4.8)
  When I left click the mouse anywhere in the window, it aborts the
  program. This does not happen with any other program. I don't think
  it has anything to do with viewmol either, because on my home
  machine it works OK, though the graphics cards are different. I am
  running XFree86. 4.1, the graphics card is nvidia TNT2, the graphics
  driver is nvidia.

  The error message I get is:

  Xlib: sequence lost (0x10000 > 0x538 ) in reply to 0x0
  Xerror of failed request: 0
  Major opcode of failed request: 0 ()
  Serial number of railed request: 0
  Current serial number of output stream: 1336

  I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to proceed.
--
Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry