tty1 clogged up

Hi,

I did make a post before on this, but it never appeared at my end
and neither did any replies, so where that went .........

I managed to lock up solid in mutt while using jove to edit an
email. I had to kill jove and mutt from # top thinking that would
clear all for a new startover. But .....

Am still stuck with the locked screen display. I don't want to have
to reboot to clear it, so how can I get tty1 back? Mutt and Jove are
dead.

--
Ian Balchin
http://www.imaginet.co.za/fables