Re: setting up mail server

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 03:47:02AM -0500, Ken Weingold wrote:
| I am trying to be able to allow mutt to send and receive mail from my
| 2.2r2 system here with DSL.  I decided to install exim since it seems to
| be easier to configure than sendmail.  It seems to be working sending to
| yahoo.com (surprise), but when I tested to a mindspring.com address, it
| bounced with:
|
| 550 Dialups/open relays blocked. Contact <openrelay@abuse.earthlink.net>

This means that the IP you have (from your ISP) is listed in the DUL
or RBL and the MX handlers at mindspring.com reject connection from
those IPs since they are more likely to be spam.

| Anyone know how I can make it work with all addresses?

Get a new ISP or use your ISP's smarthost.

-D

--

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from