RE: GUI mail readers

> From: Craig Dickson [mailto:crdic@yahoo.com]
> As Ross told you, nothing can import current Outlook Express
> data. You'll
> have to go through an IMAP server, which fortunately is
> pretty easy to do
> (see my other message on this, in reply to Ross).

6 months ago, I converted from Outlook Express to mutt, without going
through an IMAP server.

Searching the net, I found the dos utility 'oe2mbx.exe' which will convert
your Outlook Express folders to standard mbx-format.  mutt (or any similar
linux application) works perfectly with that.

I'll be happy to mail the utility to any new converts, it is only 62k.  Or
search www.google.com for oe2mbx.exe.

Good luck,
David Knudsen