list of all installed packages

After the recent conversation regarding this, and since I'm a Debian-
newbie, and want to keep a history of ~when I installed packages,
I created this little bash script that I run each time I install
or remove packages:
  x=`date +%y%m%d.%H%M`
  COLUMNS=120 dpkg -l > ~/dpkg.installed.$x
  ln -sf ~/dpkg.installed.$x ~/dpkg.installed

Then, I grep ~/dpkg.installed to see what is installed at any one
time.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org       |
! "Millions of Chinese speak Chinese, and it's not           |
!  hereditary..."                                            |
!    Dr. Dean Edell                                          !