Re: SB AUDIGY Player supported by Linux?

I have one of teh beasts, and would like to know about making it
owrk with Linux.

I did a Lycos search and found this article

LinuxHardware.org/articles/01/08/29/1657236.shtml
(copied by hand)

   posted by augustus on Wednesday August 29, @11:56AM
   from the Audio-Support dept.

Patrick McLean writes "I was looking at the emu10k1-devel archives
and I noticed a thread about Audigy, the lead emu10k1 developer
basically states that he's heard that the current emu10k1 drivers
should be able to support basic Audigy functions with some
modification. I hope that this is true and hopefully creative will
release the full specs so the ALSA people can have a go at it too."
Great news! I'm glad someone's already on top of this as I have yet
to hear anything official back from Creative on my end.

I hope this gives you a place to look.

David

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Stephen Gran wrote:

> Thus spake Ingo Buesching:
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anybody know, whether the
> >
> > SB AUDIGY Player sound card from creative labs
> >
> > is supported by linux?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ingo
> It appears from ALSA that support is 'undetermined as of yet', and I
> find no mention of the card in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/ -
> so it appears not at the moment.
> Steve
> --
> "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."
> -- Mark Twain

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I hope this is all of the above.)