Re: OT: Rant

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 04:55:05PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> And being able to have Left Justified, Center Justified, and Right
> Justified text all on the same line, so you don't have to throw in a
> bunch of spaces to get everything to (maybe) line up.

For those who don't grok this, look at the top of any man page:

man(1)                  Manual pager utils                 man(1)

> The power of WordPerfect is what a Linux-er wants, with the ease of
> operation that an MS-er needs. (I was an MS-er; a three-year Linux-er
> now, but still can't run Tex or even LyX, and the other stuff I've tried
> just doesn't have the power/features.)

Take another look at TeX/LaTeX.  It's pretty simple and extremely
powerful.  Never used LyX, so I can't say how it rates.  Or there's
always HTML...

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss