Re: can not play cdmusic

Steve Kieu <haiquy@yahoo.com> writes:
> I got via686a card using alsa stable 0.5.12a ;
> everythign is fine except playing cd music which is
> fine under winme. Run aumix and unmute everythign
> doesnlt help, when run grip the light on the cd drive
> is blinking but no sound at all. custom Kernel 2.2.19

Generally CD audio and PCM audio are two separate problems; the only
software-configurable thing that would cause one but not the other to
work is the mixer settings.  I'd try opening up your machine, and
checking to see if there is a cable from your CD-ROM drive to your
sound card; if this cable is missing, you're not going to get CD audio
without doing something like ripping and playing back.

	-- Abra Mitchell