RE: Sendmail Config

I use sendmail's genericstable feature without any
problems.  It rewrites the addresses for all my (home
network) users as their email heads out the mail gateway.
If you can tell us what problems you were having, perhaps
we can help you.

genericstable was really easy to get going.  Simply put
a list of all domains you want addresses rewritten for
in /etc/mail/genericsdomain.  For example, on the internal
side of my network, I use @home.lan addresses.  These get
rewritten when mail passes through the outgoing mail gateway.

[jeremy@KERBEROS:pts/0:~]$ cat /etc/mail/genericsdomain
home.lan

[jeremy@KERBEROS:pts/0:~]$ grep ^jeremy /etc/mail/genericstable
jeremy          jeremy@g0atpr0n.org

This shows that for any email that comes in with a From address
of "jeremy@home.lan", it should be rewritten as "jeremy@g0atpr0n.org".

sendmail doesn't use the plain-text genericstable file, however.  You
need to generate a hashed db file using:

`makemap -r hash genericstable.db < genericstable`.

HTH.

j.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jeremy@g0atpr0n.org>