I don't want logrotate to compress my own logfiles

I've just tracked this one down. logrotate is being run indirectly by
/etc/cron.weekly/sysklogd, which contains the line:

	for LOG in `syslogd-listfiles --weekly`

I keep tracks of my local changes in a file in /usr/local/logs/changes.log,
which is written to my a script of mine, which in turn writes to changes.log
using local5.info in /etc/syslog.conf.

I couldn't figure out why it kept being compressed and rotated, until I dug
into /etc/cron.weekly and found out what is going on. Is there an easy way to
stop this happening? If I hack /etc/cron.weekly/sysklogd, then it is going to
get overwritten the next time sysklogd is updated. I can't see any 'exclude'
options in the logrotate man page.

Dougie