Re: My hardware is Soported????

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 12:05:46PM -0200, edu-frazao wrote:
| Hy, i have a SIS 6326 PCI video Card, A Hyundai Deluxscan
| 14s as Monitor, and a Crystal PNP sound card! This
| hardware is Suported by Debian Linux?
| Tanks. I am waiting any answers!

I don't know about the sound card, but the video card works (the
monitor makes no difference).  Since the video card is quite cheap, I
highly recommend reading up on the VESA framebuffer in the kernel docs
and using that (along with the 'fbdev' X driver) instead of
configuring X to use the vid. card directly.  I have the card and have
tried both ways -- first I configured X, then tried out the
framebuffer.  Configuring X is doable, but not quick or trivial.
Using the framebuffer is quick, and trivial once you know how to build
a kernel.

-D

--

(E)ventually (M)allocs (A)ll (C)omputer (S)torage