Re: persistent keyboard problems

on Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:09:16AM +0100, marTin insinuated:
> also sprach nori heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> [2002.01.15.0020 +0100]:
> > since upgrading to version 4 of X, my keyboard has been wildly
> > erratic.  (only in x, not in terminal mode.)  i stuck the lines
> >
> > /usr/bin/X11/xset r rate 255 80 &
> > xset r rate 255 80
>
> why twice?

cuz once wasn't working.  ;)

> > in my ~/.xsession file, but they do absolutely no good, and every time
> > i log into X, i have to `xset r rate 255 80` into the console to get
> > it normal again.
>
> can you verify that the lines are actually called from your .xsession?
> have you checked ~/.xsession-errors? you might want to try echo
> statements around them.

xset r rate 255 80 && echo "keyboard rate set"

then calling .xsession from an active shell echos "keyboard rate set"
-- though it's not.  in fact, when i call it from an active shell, it
*un*sets the keyboard rate, and i have to manually re-call it.

> > this is really pissing me off.  anyone got any ideas??
>
> it works for me. that's supposed to give you hope ;)

:-P it does.  i have faith.

it's been suggested i just plug in another keyboard.  however, i don't
happen to have one lying around, and i like mine, for no real reason.
i shouldn't have to do this, i think ...

</nori>

-------------------------http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html