Re: Strange Mail Error

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 05:00:45PM -0500, Nick Furman wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| 	I'm having one customer complain about mail problems.  He uses
| pine sometimes, and a mail client on another server (ATP Mail, it's a web
| based mail program)
|
| The error is this:
|
| Jan 12 16:36:29 white popper[24578]: jderr@utility.jdweb.com: -ERR Unable
| to process From lines (envelopes), change recognition modes.
|
| Any ideas what that means or what i can do to fix it?

Check the file ("folder") that is giving problems.  It's probably a
"mbox" folder, thus each message starts with a line like
 From Sat Jan 12 19:14:48 EST 2002
followed by the headers and body of a message, then another "From "
line.  The file probably got corrupted by something and you can fix it
manually.

-D

--

He who spares the rod hates his son,
but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.