pop3 protocol error

Some of my email get delivered to my isp's pop3 server and I retrieve it
with fetchmail. A couple of days ago I got a piece of spam that produces
a protocol error. Fetchmail retrieves the headers for this one email,
gets the error, and quits -- leaving the bad email on the server to
repeat the process the next time it checks for mail.

Is there a program or manual way I can just delete that one message and
then let fetchmail do its thing?

--
Thus, there is not a single ill afflicting the nation for which
the government has not voluntarily made itself responsible. Is it