Re: Gateway Configuration

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:50:42AM -0500, Bob Underwood wrote:
> the /etc/network/interfaces file reads as follows:
> [...]
> iface eth1 inet dhcp
> 	hostname:  what @ home gave me

Try it without the hostname.

> When I attempt to configure this, the following routing table appears:
> [...]
> There is no gateway in the routing table.  How do I get one?

Check the information received by your DHCP client (dhclient, pump,
etc.).  For example, dhclient stores it in /var/dhcp/dhclient.leases.
You should see default router, name server, etc.

Running "ifdown eth1; ifup -v eth1" should also give you some clues.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u