Re: keymap problem??

I have a problem that has bugged me for some time....and i cant work out the
cause.....

I have one machine that when i connect to it remotely does not allow the use
of certain control characters.....this is most noticable with the pgup and
pgdn keys....

Same here, and with delete, home, and end as well. I recall having to make a single change for backspace in Potato, but after the woody upgrade the remote keyboard
is a mess. The local keyboard works just fine.

I peeked at the vt220 terminfo defs which seem to have changed quite a bit,
but peeking does not equal knowing how to correct it. This is only when I connect remotely to a woody machine. From that same session I can ssh into a potato box
and  everything works perfectly. Wish I knew enough to know what changed and
how to fix it. Editing a text file remotely now takes about 3 times as long and severely
tries my patience.

Jeffrey B. Green		Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com		Networking Las Vegas Since 1986