Re: hdparms & new system

hi stan

if the motehrboard sees the disks during bootup...you should
be okay...

you can download the latest hdparm  from

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/utility-patches/

be sure to turn on dma mode
	hdparm -d1 /dev/hda

	- lots of options to play with...

to see how fast/slow you are...
	hdparm -tT /dev/hda .... before and after turning on DMA mode

check to see if you have the ata-100 or ata-133 ide patches
	http://www.LinuxDiskCert.org

c ya
alvin