dnscache and dnscachex (djbdns)

Hi all

Can someone point the differences between a local dns cache and an
external dns cache ?

I  configured an external dnscache on Interneal IP 192.168.0.12 that
accepts queries of all my 192.168.0.* network.

Could the same be accomplished by a local dns cache ?
I'm getting a a little confused by all this terminology, and
the web pages of djbdns don't really explain the difference
between dnscache and dnscachex

I additionally have a  tinydns server that serves my 192.168.0.* network
bound to 127.0.0.1, that provides all information regarding hosts
on this network, assigning names to each one.

TIA

...there is no place like ~
              Américo Rocha
    astartoth@linuxkafe.net