Fetting lird (Intrared control) working?

I havve installed the lircd packagem and the lircd modules package. I let
the later compile the modules, and guess at configuration setings.

I am runing a custom 2.4.17 kernel, and have a Haupanage (sp) WinTV card
installed, and working, that came wth an ifrared remote control.

What I'm trying to do is use the control for gbtv, and xawttv.

I looked at the config files genereated in /etc/lird, and the referenced
some config files for the Hauppanage card (sp) byt relative path name. Yhe
only place I could find them on my system was under /usrshare/doc, so I
copied the referenced files to /etc/lird/haupanage (yse I carefully copied
the spellling there :-)).

But still my remote does not work. I no longer get complainrs when
/etc/init/lircd start is run.

I'm att a loss, how can I further troubleshoot this?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.