xterm and the backspace key, the saga continues.

Hey,

A few months ago I noticed that _something_ had changed on my Debian
installation that caused xterms not to react on my backspace key as one
would expect.

With a lot of tuning, help from friends, reinstalling and
dpkg-reconfigure'ing I managed to fix this, and for a while my backspace
acted like it should. It removed the character left of the cursor and
moved one spot to the left.

But since a few upgrades that _something_ has changed AGAIN, and now my
setup is b0rken again.

I don't know what to do to fix this anymore. I give up. I'm too tired.
What is that _something_ that changes every now and then?
How do I fix my xterms to _ALWAYS_ do what I expect them to do when I
press backspace?

Right now:
	- My Backspace acts like Delete should do.
	- My Delete is a shortcut for ~
	- Pressing Control-Backspace acts like Backspace should.

PLEASE can someone help me fix this once and for all?

Regards,
Sander.