Re: Apache virtualhosts with different user

also sprach Gabor Gludovatz <ggabor@sopron.hu> [2002.01.09.0324 +0100]:
> Is it possible somehow? Having read the apache docs, I haven't found
> anything useful, but there must be a solution if I don't want my users to
> run php scripts as www-data.

i don't think so, since the www-data user is globally configured and
and that's what the main apache uses to spawn servers.

however, i advise you to ask on apache mailing lists, and there is also
debian-apache...

you *could* spawn another master apache if you vhost based on IP...

"in contrast to the what-you-see-is-what-you-get philosophy,
 unix is the you-asked-for-it,-you-got-it operating system."
                                                           --scott lee