Re: Configuring X on Potato r3 for an on-board Mercury(810) Display

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 08:00:55AM +0530, shyamk wrote:
| I am having problem in
| configuring X on Potato r3 for an on-board Mercury(810) Display.
| I get only 8bpp while Win98 is crystal clear.I am sulking because
| I want to shift completely to Debian , even the pictures.
| As you can guess , the list of drivers does not show anything
| proximate to Mercury or i810.

Does it suport VESA 2.0?  Just go with vesafb in the kernel and fbdev
in X.  Piece of cake.

-D

--

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair
and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be