Re: partition resize

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 22:52, Mirek Dobsicek wrote:
> Hi all,
> i have woody box with reiserfs
> i made some mount points as
>
> /usr
> /home
> /boot
> /temp
> /var
>
> all mount points are on reiser, only /var is on ext2fs, because
> this partition is just 100mb, and reiser refused to make such small
> partition.
>
> This time I have problem, that 100mb on /var is not enought :-(
> How can I solve this?
> Is it possible to resize partitions?
> Or the soution can be to make a big file, with file system on it
> and mount this file to /var/something ...
>

> 			Mirek Dobsicek

Yes you can,

You can try good old partition-magic (commercial product), or GNU parted

apt-get install parted (on sid at least)
or see
http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html

You can also download a bootable disk image from their site.

Make sure to backup the partitions before trying to resize them.
--
Meir Kriheli