offline apt with a twist

I have two machines that have no network connection that I need to keep
updated. I read the offline apt document on how to use apt on another,
networked machine to keep my standalones up to do date, but I have one
problem.

Due to the nature of the use of the stand alone machines, they are
"write-only" in the sense that I cannot copy any data off of the machines.
Therefore, I can't copy the /var/lib/dpkg/status onto a disk.

Is there any way around this? I looked into apt-move some, and I think I
can make it do what I want (mostly), but using offline apt would give me a
more automated and simpler way of doing it.

--
John Tyner
jtyner@cs.ucr.edu