Re: Anyway to emulate IE?

on Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 10:36:13AM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim (rms46@vlsm.org) wrote:
> Hello Rebecca Bulander:
>
> > for designing the webpage of the questionnaire we used
> > a tool from Microsoft, which uses some Microsoft-specific-tags.
> > This tags can not always be interpreted by other
> > internet-browser-software. Therefore you can use only
> > Microsoft Explorer for filling in the questionnaire.
>
> First of all, you might want to visit http://www.anybrowser.org/ .
>
> Secondly, would you please inform me, on how to run the IE on a woody
> system? Perhaps there is a way to emulate it?  I "cc:" this to whom it
> may concern at Debian User.

Several modes of "emulation":

  - Send a "user agent" string indicating an MSIE client.
  - Run MSIE in an emulation environment:  VMWare, Win4Lin.
  - Run MSIE in Wine.  Results vary, but a friend reports running MSIE
    5.0 using a recent WINE on a dual-boot system.

Frankly, I won't touch the shit.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org