Re: Zaxis maping in XFree864?

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 04:04:15PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
| I'm seting up a machine with scrollwhell mouse using woody.
|
| It seems to me that I should be able to use Zaxidmapping to map the
| scrollwhell to up and down mouse movements.
|
| Is this possible? If so how?

Yes :

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Logitech MouseMan Wheel"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"

        # Note: Protocol must match the 'type' set to gpm
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
EndSection

I use gpm also, with 'imps2' as the protocol and 'raw' as the repeat
type.  This particular mouse works as either USB (/dev/input/mice)[1] or
PS/2 (/dev/misc/psaux)[1].

-D

[1] I'm using devfs, the names will be different if you're not.

--

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our
sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.