Re: problems with php4 in woody....

<quote who="Alexander Wallace">
> Hello there! I'm having problems getting php4 to work in woody...
> It all installs good, the httpd.conf file has the line to load the
> module, etc... But php files don't run, thet get downloaded when
> looked at with a browser... Mime types has an entry for php, so...
> Can anyone help me here???

what does it say? heres how i have a virtualhost
setup to use php:
NameVirtualHost 10.121.110.48
<VirtualHost 10.121.110.48>
ServerName webmail.linuxpowered.net
ServerAdmin webmaster@linuxpowered.net
DocumentRoot /home/squirrel/public_html
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/squirrel/cgi_bin/
ErrorLog /var/log/apache-ssl/webmail.linuxpowered.net/error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache-ssl/webmail.linuxpowered.net/access.log
combinedAddType application/php4script .php
Action application/php4script /cgi-bin/php
DirectoryIndex index.php
</VirtualHost>

in the /home/squirrel/cgi_bin directory i have a link:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 Dec 23 19:10 php ->
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php4
in my config symlinks only are followed if the ownership
is the same, so it must be root if /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php4
is root.

i do the same on other systems..always worked. don't know
where i saw it, i too had problems when i first started to
try to use php ..

nate