Re: What is option "-P" to smbclient?

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Kent West wrote:

> In trying to print to a printer hanging off a Windows box, I find that
> the smbprint script has this line:
>
>          echo "print -"
>          cat
> ) | smbclient "\\\\$server\\$service" -U $password -N -P >> $logfile
>
> I have been unable to find any documentation that explains what the
> option "-P" is for (am I just blind?). Anyone know?

timshel:~$ /usr/bin/smbclient

Usage: /usr/bin/smbclient service <password> [options]
Version 2.2.2debian-2
        -s smb.conf           pathname to smb.conf file
        -O socket_options     socket options to use
        -R name resolve order use these name resolution services only
        -M host               send a winpopup message to the host
        -i scope              use this NetBIOS scope
        -N                    don't ask for a password
        -n netbios name.      Use this name as my netbios name
        -d debuglevel         set the debuglevel
        -P                    connect to service as a printer
        -p port               connect to the specified port
        -l log basename.      Basename for log/debug files
        -h                    Print this help message.
        -I dest IP            use this IP to connect to
        -E                    write messages to stderr instead of stdout
        -U username           set the network username
        -L host               get a list of shares available on a host
        -t terminal code      terminal i/o code
{sjis|euc|jis7|jis8|junet|hex}
        -m max protocol       set the max protocol level
        -A filename           get the credentials from a file
        -W workgroup          set the workgroup name
        -T<c|x>IXFqgbNan      command line tar
        -D directory          start from directory
        -c command string     execute semicolon separated commands
        -b xmit/send buffer   changes the transmit/send buffer (default:
65520)

...RickM...