Re: What is option "-P" to smbclient?

In older (pre-2.0) samba versions, -P flagged the connection as a printer
(as opposed to disk) share. According to man smbclient,

       -P     This option is no longer used. The code in Samba2.0
              now  lets  the server decide the device type, so no
              printer specific flag is needed.

so you can probably safely remove it (assuming you're using 2.0 or later).

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA