Re: Disaster recovery plan?

hi ya stan

on the rescue disk ... replace its kernel with your kernel
on the boot disk .... mknod c /dev/st0 [ 9 0 ]
and you'd need to rebuld the rescue and root disks

or   boot as is...
	mknod c /dev/st0
	insmod scsixxx for your tape drive
	mt rewind /dev/st0  -- if it makes noises... you're in luck
	tar tvf /dev/st0

	how you restore from tape would depend on if the disk
	is partition or not and probably should reformat it
	before restoring..

-- its easier/simpler/faster/cheaper to just do raid1 mirroring
   or backup and restore from a remote disk on a different server

c ya
alvin