Re: Takin' the plunge...

tony, wayne:

as promised, here are the files which you would need to update for adsl usage
1) /etc/resolv.conf
2) /etc/network/interfaces
3) firewall scripts - i am not fimilar with the way debian does this as this
machine is behind a firewall already....

1) contains the nameservers and related info
2) contains the machine ip, broadcast, netmask, and routing info

i hope this help. if you need a sample of the above, let me know...

--
regards,
allen wayne best

Martin was probably ripping them off.  That's some family, isn't it?
Incest, prostitution, fanaticism, software.
		-- Charles Willeford, "Miami Blues"