Re: ALERT: XFree86 4.1.0-3 maintainer scripts hosed; please wait for 4.1.0-4

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 09:26:42AM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
| dman wrote:
|
| > I use bash as my shell.  However the depends for initrd and/or
| > kernel-image want ash, so /bin/sh is ash.
|
| I have ash installed also, but my /bin/sh --> bash. So I don't think that
| the ash install script makes that association, at least not if it's
| already pointing elsewhere.

I recall something asking if I wanted /bin/sh to be ash or not, and
telling me that ash is POSIX compliant and any POSIX compliant shell
can be used for /bin/sh.  I don't remember if it was Debian or cygwin
that asked me.  I think I said "yes", but I'm not at my Debian box so
I can't check it.

-D